Minor Tweaks, Twitter, and upcoming articles

So, it's been a while since I posted. I've been pretty depressed about various things lately and just been very uninspired to really write much of anything. I've been ever so slowly digging myself out of the hole I'm in but it's tough. I do have a draft setup right now with a bunch of links and I'm still digging for more accurate and unbiased sources. The subject is a very seemingly taboo subject - police-related fatalities of the unjustified variety. It's a subject I find interesting and intriguing since there's a lot of seemingly hidden buddy-buddy things going on with the police as of late and a lot of unjustified killings going on. The numbers in Las Vegas alone have nearly quadrupled in the last 3 years. There's more to come but I'm still working on it.

Moving on...

I've changed a couple things on my sidebar. Namely, I've finally started using my Twitter account. I've had it since August 2007 and have barely used it since. It's kind of funny, most people I know either haven't heard of Twitter or only heard about it within the last few months. It makes me feel like a huge nerd for knowing about it for so long and having an account with something that most people using it have only been using it for a short while. So, if you want to follow me on Twitter just hit the button and send a notification to me so I can allow you to receive my updates. I have it secured because it's still a form of social networking and I don't want people knowing that I'm posting an update while I'm taking a poo or something. I also don't want Twitter spam. Click here to go to my Twitter page, too.

I also switched the IM button to Pidgin's since I've been using that over Trillian since the current free Trillian sucks and doesn't connect to Facebook chat. Pidgin is an free, open source multi-protocol IM client. I use it to connect to AIM, MSN, Yahoo!, GTalk, Facebook, ICQ, and MySpace IM. Yeah, that's a lot of chat protocols but I've made friends over the years that only use one and not a bunch. I'm considering changing my AIM name simply because I've had it since about 1999 and it's due for a change (ShenLong1983 haha!) to something a bit more...professional or closer to the me of now. However, I'm at a loss as to what to change it to beyond my name.

Now, I've been using the Windows 7 Public Beta Microsoft released back in Mid-January and I have to say, I'm fairly impressed. I'll be writing a nice article about it soon with all of my thoughts and screenshots. I'm thinking of adding video using fraps to capture the screen and my voice to show off some of the features that I've found particularly useful to improve the overall user experience. And I'll talk about some of the things that I don't like so much and some problems I've had along the way.

Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I got into the world of IT and where I'm going

How to Use Windows Batch Files and PsExec to Push Files and Actions to Remote Machines

Let's talk about OUYA