The Game Project

I have a serious case of game collection-itis. I have so many games I'm in the middle of and so many games that I own but haven't even so much as touched since I bought them. I even have plenty that I started but got distracted by some other game and forget where exactly I am in the game and should start over instead of picking up where I was just sitting there in utter confusion. I think the biggest bane of my gaming existence is Steam and its wondrous, glorious holiday/weekly sales. I'm intervening with myself.

I've made a decision that will, hopefully, get me writing again as well as end up saving myself some money in the long run. I'm going to stop buying games simply because I want to own them. I'm going to finish every single game I have to completion as much as I can stand (at least the console games, my PC list is downright frightening me) and not buy anymore games until I've knocked a good chunk out of this list (again, the console games), this goes doubly for sequels and I haven't even started the first in the series! I refrained from buying Dragon Age II so hard.



Where does writing come into all this? I'm going to get into a much saturated field of writing - snarky game reviews from a jaded, cynical nerd on the Internet. And with the invention of technology and my other obsession - gadgets, specifically my rooted Nook Color - I might even be able take notes while I'm playing for super effectiveness! I'm not making any promises but I plan to get this writing done once I get to games I've either just barely started (handful in my "currently playing" list), restarting, or have never touched before. I've been described as not liking anything that everyone else likes by an entire community of nerds (which I am now sadly banned from). That doesn't mean I won't like some of these blockbuster titles I've accumulated but I daresay I might have something worthwhile to say about them and even if I don't I'll write about it anyway, so hah! I haven't figured out a review structure yet, but I'll probably rip off some common formats and add my own flare. I'm not sure how long it will take to get through all of these but I'm going to damn well try. The only glaring issue here is in which order I should start. Dragon Age: Origins and Fallout 3 are on the top of the list since I've currently the largest time investment in them so far and are closest to completion but after that I'm kind of clueless where to start clipping.

I'm not going to bother with the classic (16-bit and 32-bit era) gaming list right now. It's bound to be retardedly long and I don't have to worry about those taking of physical space in my apartment. Not to say I'll be getting rid of games once I'm done with them. The exceptional games will earn at least a long term spot on my shelf until I decide to get rid of the system it's for.

And now, the list:

Games currently playing that I need to finish by platform

PC:

Dragon Age: Origins (69 hours in)
Fallout 3 (54 hours in)
Assassin’s Creed (11 hours in)
Back to the Future

DS:

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
Pokémon HeartGold
Pokémon Black
Sonic Colors
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinel of the Starry Sky
Professor Layton and the Cursed Village

PSP:

Star Ocean: First Departure
Ys III
Final Fantasy VII (PSN)

Xbox 360:

Sonic Adventure DX (XBLA)
Tales of Vesperia

Wii/Gamecube:

Paper Mario (VC)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (VC)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars (VC)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (VC)

Games I own but haven’t played by platform

PC:

Aquaria (restart)
Assassin’s Creed II
Beyond Good & Evil
BioShock (restart)
Borderlands
Braid
Dead Space
Deus Ex
Deus ex: Invisible War
Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening (and DLC campaigns)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Fallout: New Vegas (restart)
Gish
Gratuitous Space Battles
Greed Corp
King’s Bounty: The Legend
King’s Bounty: Armored Princess
King’s Bounty: Crossworlds
Lego Batman (restart)
Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (restart)
Lugaru HD
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Mirror’s Edge (restart)
Neverwinter Nights 2
Osmos
Overlord
Overlord II
Overlord: Raising Hell
The Polynomial
Prince of Persia (2008) (restart)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (restart)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Psychonauts (restart)
Puzzle Quest
Resident Evil 5
Revenge of the Titans
Rocket Knight
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast (restart)
Star Wars: Jedi Knight – Mysteries of the Sith
Star Wars: Jedi Knight – Dark Forces
Star Wars: Jedi Knight – Dark Forces II
Star Wars: Jedi Knight – Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Empire at War
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (restart)
Super Meat Boy
Titan Quest (restart)
The Witcher
World of Goo

DS:

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Miles Edgeworth Investigations
Elite Beats Agents (restart)
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Disgaea DS

PSP:

Ys I&II
Ys VI
Ys VII
Lunar
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
Valkyrie Profile
Jeanne D’Arc

Xbox 360:

Beyond Good & Evil HD (XBLA)
Ninja Gaiden Black (XBO)

Wii/Gamecube:

Super Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil: The Darkside chronicles
Resident Evil 4
Sonic Colors
Metroid Prime Collection
Metroid: Other M
Arc Rise Fantasia
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Paper Mario
Goldeneye 007
Lego Indiana Jones
Tales of Symphonia (restart)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

(restart) denotes that while I have played the games beforehand, it has been such a long time since having played it that I’ve forgotten where I am and would be better to restart to get the full experience.
(VC) denotes a Wii Virtual Console game.
(XBLA) denotes an Xbox Live Arcade game.
(XBO) denotes an Xbox Original game.
(PSN) denotes a game downloaded from Playstation Network.

Popular posts from this blog

How I got into the world of IT and where I'm going

Let's talk about OUYA

How to Use Windows Batch Files and PsExec to Push Files and Actions to Remote Machines